Friday, April 22, 2011

Your Friday Awesome: 10 Year-Old's Rant on Gender Stereotypes


A couple of weeks ago I got to hang out with a friend's 10 year-old daughter. She was pretty awesome. We discussed how growing pains suck and the finer points of popular culture (Tiger Beat still exists!). Turns out she is not alone.

10 year-old Eliza in Indiana was inspired to write an "editorial" to the boys of the world after reading answers to the question, "What's the biggest difference between boys and girls?" in a Mini Boden catalogue.

Some highlights:

Dear Boys from around the World,

There is just one ting I have to say before I go on. STOP BEING SO STEREOTYPICAL!

...Like I said I HATE pink. I despise it. HACK See I spat on it. That's how much I hate pink.

...For one thing though I do like nail polish, but not just Boys like soccer. For example my friend Heidi is a master soccer player. You mess with her, she kicks you in the shins, or maybe just trips you on the field. Seriously I think you should stay away. For reals.

I'm with 'ya, Eliza. I also hated pink, purple and dresses. You can read the whole thing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin