Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Blogiversary to Me!


I started this blog one year ago today. It's the first one I actually posted to consistently - though lately that has meant posting pretty much just Your Friday Awesomes. I'll try and be better about that.

In the last year, I made some awesome friends, reconnected with old ones, moved and turned 30. But, it has also been The Year of the Blog.

In that first post I talked about all the things I may or may not write about. Now I think of this blog as a sort of place where my politics and personal experience intersect. In other words, it is explicitly and implicitly feminist - which is no surprise to those that know me. But, it is also the reason I've been posting less frequently. Lets face it, the world is pretty fucked up most of the time, which is why sometimes you just need a bit of awesome on your Friday.

Some of the things I thought I might write about originally I've started writing about in other places (hence, The Year of the Blog). So, if I'm not posting a whole lot, you might find me in one of these places:

motherjones.com - On the self-appointed nerd beat.

Why Is This A Thing - Like I said, the world is dumb sometimes. Here we make fun of the lighter side of it.

@gamelikeagirl - Yeah, I started a Twitter, and its on video games, what of it? At least Renee is there with me.

Hearts & Points - I started a video game blog with my husband, too. Its pretty new. Co-op for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin