Friday, March 5, 2010

Your Friday Awesome: Rockin' Granny

 
Ruth Flowers decided the "little discos" her grandson had after his birthday party was full of energy and joy so...she became a DJ at age 69.
"I went along quite late and the gentlemen at the door said, 'I don't think you want to go in there, Madame'. And I said, 'Well I rather think I do'," she said.

"I had no idea at the time of electro music," she said.

However, as someone with interests ranging from history to theater and fashion, she was willing to learn.

"It's a little glammy, a bit over the top, but it fits the bill I think," she said of her outfits. "I mean, if I appeared in a cardigan, a sweater and brogue shoes it wouldn't be quite the same."
Oh and she has played Cannes. When the youngins came up to her, this was her response:
"They said, "you're awesome, we want to be like you'," she said. "I always say -- you don't want to be like me. You want to be you."
Note to self: Please make sure you are taking pictures like this and be this generally awesome when you are 69.

via Jezebel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin