Monday, May 10, 2010

Music Monday: Janelle Monae



I've been meaning to put this video up for ages. Nnekay showed it to me weeks and weeks ago and it makes me happy every time I watch it. The music, the clothes, the hair, the dancing - it is all amazing. Sociological Images has some background on the potential inspiration for the video and some thoughts on how it is welcome change from gendered (read: sexualized) videos and dancing.

Now I really want a tuxedo and saddle shoes, but instead I'll have to do with a new weekly series, because really you need something fun to start your week, rather than just ending it with awesomeness. I was tempted to call it "Toe-tappin Tuesday" but Twitter has taken over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin