Friday, July 24, 2009

Joss Whedon is Going to Make Me Watch a Horror Movie

I've already told you that I think Joss Whedon is the most awesome writer/director around. If you don't know that already, watch this clip of him accepting an award from Equality Now and discussing why he writes strong female characters. Seriously, discussing misogyny while getting an award from Equality Now, from Meryl Streep. Awesome:



To be honest, I was a little concerned about Dollhouse for a while, but I should have known better. The message is a bit more subtle, but then you can't really hit viewers over the head with anti-patriarchy messages all the time or your shit gets canceled (See: Firefly).

But, it looks like JW is returning to camptastic awesomeness with a horror film due to come out in 2010 - and this is just one of the posters:


All three are pretty fantastic, but this one is perhaps the best horror movie poster ever created, which is why I will need to see this movie.

The problem is I don't like horror movies. For weeks after watching Shawn of the Dead I was sure my boyfriend was trying to eat my face off, every time he went in for a kiss. But I'm trusting that the amazingness of this movie will be worth all the heart palpitations that will follow. Besides, I'm pretty impressed at how damn creepy he made a single shot in the teaser trailer. Turn on your speakers and then go here.

2 comments:

be nice.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin